Re: apt upgrade

Norbert Tretkowski said:
> * Ivan Adams wrote:
>> My quiestion is how I can avoid that kind of problems when on some
>> Debian I have that kind of apt scripts.
>
> Disable those kind of scripts, and use apt-cron to let you inform by
> mail when updates are available.
I'de also reccomend running apt-cacher as you get:
fast local updates,
your packages are as current as the remote servers, you don't have to wait
to sync.
uses less space then a full mirror.
saves lots of bandwidth for you and for the debian servers.

With 10 clients running off 1 apt-cacher server you should see 9/10
bandwidth savings.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman