Re: Ceriftication?

On Monday 30 August 2004 08.36, DJ wrote:
> Ok, i am sick of windows. But due to the fact that i have been using it
> for so long, i still persist with it and dont get to spend as much time
> as i would like in linux(too much time fixing windoze.). Is there a
> debian course of some description that i can do so that i can get more of
> understanding regarding the nuts and bolts of the operating system. I
> believe this is what is stopping me from being able to use Debian to its
> full potential and finally being rid of the windoze virus.

Since you ask about a course, I'm guessing that you'd be willing to spend
some money.  I'm not aware of anything like it, but if you know some other
people who might attend such a course, I'd try asking the people listed in
<http://www.debian.org/consultants/> if somebody (close to your location)
would organize such a course.

What you get gratis is, of course, all the information contained on the
Debian web page etc., but you know this already. To know the nuts and bolts
of Debian, <http://www.debian.org/devel/> is a good starting point - but
you probably should know quite a lot about Unix and Linux in general before
you can profit much from this highly Debian-specific information.

For general Linux information, try the top results of this google search:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=linux%20newbies> and perhaps you can find a
page matching your level of knowledge. Just remember when you got your
first computer and had to learn everything: this will be the same, you'll
spend lots of time learning things before you feel at home in the system.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *