Apache umask

By default, when a file is uploaded via a php script or anything else
through apache, it has permissions of 644. I would like this to be 640.

I know php has a umask and a chmod function that could help with this,
but this only fixes it for scripts that use php. Isn't there a way to
change the default umask for the www-data user?

Any tips for where to look or what to change would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #54:
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he
does.