Re: Restoring /etc

G'day,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bucciarelli" <mark@easymailings.com>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 12:17 AM
Subject: Restoring /etc

> I screwed up my /etc directory bigtime.  I wanted to put it under CVS to
> maintain a history, but didn't realize that CVS does not honor symbolic
> links.  Of course, I didn't backup before rm -rf /etc; cvs co etc.  Doh!

I use PRCS, and there are debs. PRCS keeps everything, including empty
directories. It's propper branch/merge/rename etc support mean I keep all my
machines in the one project as seperate branches, and I can merge changes
across between them painlessly. It has some limitations, like no network
transport (I use rsync instead), but it is ideal for something like this;
simple, easy to use, reliable, and nothing more.

Donovan Baarda                http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/