Re: max requests a celeron web server can handle

Citát Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>:

> Too many variables.  Apache comes with "ab" (apache benchmark) - you
> can use it to do real-world testing to answer the question.

I have another question - what is the optimal max. keep-alive time? Because as I
can see from Apache's /server-status page on our server, there are usually about
10-15 processes in state "S" (Sending Reply) and another 40-50 in "K"
(keepalive). In have lowered this time from 15 seconds to 10. Is there any
optimal setting?

What is the default browser behavior? I load www.somewebsite.com, with 20 little
images. Browser makes few connections to server, fetches all images and the
connections stay in keepalive state. When I click some link on that web page,
does the browser try to verify all the (same) images again? Or just fetches the
new page and maybe some new image?

--
  bYE, Marki