From: "Fraser Campbell" <fraser@georgetown.wehave.net>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: how to relocate servers transparently

Can you explain that a little further?  If my nameserver caches a record with
TTL 86400, and someone asks for it again an hour later I hand them the record
from my cache using TTL 82800 (not 86400).  This is certainly what bind does,
if other caching nameservers do it differently then it's a bug IMHO.

I would be very surprised if it is different when DNS queries are being
forward from one DNS server to another.  Or did you mean something else?

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/