Re: how to relocate servers transparently

Hello Adrian!

NAT is only working with IPs "directly connected" to your ethernet card. or NAT-ed IPs not arbitrary ones.

Or?

rgds,
j.

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Monday 14 June 2004 14.59, Gavin Hamill wrote:

Yep, rinetd is a simple userspace proxy. I used it for a while, but
it had a few unpleasant 'features' I didn't like (we were using
dynamic DNS with it, so I expect you wouldn't encounter them)

Once our 'remote points' were static IPs, I switched to using
'netcat' instead.

[...]

This may be obvious, but not to me... is there any difference compared to using iptables DNAT?

cheers
-- vbi

--
Andreas John