Re: reject non-enlish email body messages

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 07:55:01AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
> At 04:56 PM 5/29/04 +1000, listmaster@lists.debian.org wrote:
> >	There's plans to do so. We've been stopped from doing this as
> >we'd need a different configuration file on spamassassin for every
> >list, and that represents a lot of duplicated work.
>
> I don't think looking at a language header will do any good.  Not all
> mailers put in a language code and even if it says "en-us" that doesn't mean
> the body will be English.  And there will be cases where people with
> non-English tags will be in fact posting in English.  And I would greatly
> question trying to determine the language by "interpreting" the message text.

Checkout spam-assassin language tags[1]. I was pleasantly surprised to
see how well they were working. We're running it now, with english as
the only ok language to see how it behaves, and it seems to be going
quite well. It's not stopping anything however, due to the really
really low score we gave it for testing purposes.

	Cheers,

Pasc

[1]: http://www.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#language%20options