Re: [mailinglists] Ulimit and max processes

Hi!

Do you have some security-enhancement packages installed on www01?
I could imagine (i.e. don't know :-)) that stuff like selinux decreases umlimits on kernel compile time. Or maybe some uml or virtual hosts/machine package installed for hosting customers?

rgds,
j.

Andrew Miehs wrote:
Hi Philipp,

I agree with you that the boxes may need tuning, but thats not the point....

develop:~$ ulimit -u
7168
develop:~$

www01:~# ulimit -u
256
www01:~#

On both boxes

/etc/sysctl.conf are empty

www01:~# diff login.defs.develop /etc/login.defs
www01:~#

www01:~# diff limits.conf.develop /etc/security/limits.conf
www01:~#

Any other ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

Andrew