Re: Eth*'s and they corresponding hardwares

How does that work when he/she has got 3 of the same model nic?
Somehow  you should be able to reference each card (MAC) with a
specific setup.  With pcmcia cards you can specify a config for each
MAC address.

Much like my wireless setup:

# Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
# Note : wvlan_cs driver only, and version 1.0.4+ for encryption
support
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
    INFO="Orinoco Settings"
    NICKNAME="laptop01"