Re: ..idea; ddos spam hosts off Internet?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:53:15 +1000, Russell wrote in message
<[🔎] 200404092253.15184.russell@coker.com.au>:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:32, Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:27:03 +1000, Russell wrote in message
> > > http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-base.html
> > >
> > > See the section on "osf" in the above URL for a better solution.
> > > Simply block Windows machines from accessing your port 25.
> >
> > ..if only all isp's did it...
>
> Not all ISPs need to do it.  Only your ISP and the ISPs that host
> mailing lists that you subscribe to.

..true.  And, it does nothing to stop Bill Gates' email-fee scheme.

> If you are interested in this then the best thing you can do is to
> build yourself a kernel with osf and try it out.  If it works well
> create a Debian kernel-patch package for it so that other Debian users
> can conveniently use it.  The more accessible you make this to Debian
> people the closer it comes to being installed on Debian list
> servers...

..I agree, but don't hold your breath, I'm still a fresh Red Hat
convertee, and I first have to get apt-get or yum up and going
on my client's boxes, ie; those RH-7.3 and RH-9'ers that I need
to keep up 24/7, everything else is and becomes Woody and
Sarge as soon as they blink.  ;-)  I'll honk the horn when my
osf deb needs testing.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: