Re: Postfix MTA and amavisd-new (Debian) calls clamd and spamassassin on a mailgateway (success)

Hi!

You don't use Amavis? If it's a production box, plaese don't. On the clamd homepage ist written (FAQ) that rogue e-mails may crash the clamd, preventing furter mail from being delivered and scanned. It's the (experimental) clamd feature "ScanMail". Workaround: Let Amavis unpack the attachments and use clam only for scanning. (I had a stuck MTA every two weeks)

To "activate" amavis use something like this:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
(see: /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/README.postfix.gz)

With Spamc/d you could also think about:

cat /etc/procmailrc
# Spamassassin
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

I weant spam only to be filtered when delivered locally, i.e. I don't want outgoing mail to be tagghed as spam, this sometimes happened. Amavis alterntively has a "local domains" variable.

HTH.

rgds,
j.

--