Re: Which SATA RAID controller?

* Marcin Owsiany schrieb am 23.03.04 um 18:10 Uhr:
> Hi!
>
> I need to choose between:
>  - 3Ware Escalade 8006-2LP
>  - Promise Fast Track S150 TX4
>
> The Fast Track is a little cheaper, and has 4 interfaces (3Ware only 2).
> Is there any good reason to choose 3Ware?

IMO 3ware are the only reasonable RAID-Controllers for (S)ATA under
Linux.

Linux support is very good (driver is in vanilla Kernel from kernel.org).
Disk just appear as SCSI-Disks. Easy and reliable.

-Marc

--
<NES> *lol* I download something from Napster
<NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done