Re: IMAP automagic replication?
- To: debian isp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: IMAP automagic replication?
- From: Alex Borges <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:39:04 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1078177144.7467.0.camel@lextibook>
- In-reply-to: <20040229005122.GA14295@ildicow.saturnus.vein.hu>
- References: <1078007691.9043.11.camel@mars> <1078012808.9043.23.camel@mars> <20040229005122.GA14295@ildicow.saturnus.vein.hu>
El sáb, 28-02-2004 a las 18:51, Adam ENDRODI escribió:
> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 01:00:09AM +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:
> > I came accross the idea of using CODA for replication of the filesys
> > even though the slow network connection, but somewhat i doubt it'll be
> > performant over internet. Especially more performant than plain IMAP
> > replication. Anybody having numbers on these ones?
> I guess you don't want to sync at the file system level. Coda
> won't be an easy battle and is generally agreed not to be
> suitable for real-time applications (read: bloody slow).
> Moreover, apart from the rumours, wou'd definitely need
> to complicate the architect with another layer--some kind
> of encrypting tunnel.
DRBD ... this is what i use, and it works fine. It is very bandwith
> just my gut feelings,
> Am I a cleric? | 1024D/37B8D989
> Or maybe a sinner? | 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622
> Unbeliever? | 82DD 54C2 843D 37B8 D989
> Renegade? | http://sks.dnsalias.net