Re: IMAP automagic replication?

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 01:00:09AM +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:

> I came accross the idea of using CODA for replication of the filesys
> even though the slow network connection, but somewhat i doubt it'll be
> performant over internet. Especially more performant than plain IMAP
> replication. Anybody having numbers on these ones?

I guess you don't want to sync at the file system level.  Coda
won't be an easy battle and is generally agreed not to be
suitable for real-time applications (read: bloody slow).
Moreover, apart from the rumours, wou'd definitely need
to complicate the architect with another layer--some kind
of encrypting tunnel.

just my gut feelings,
adam

--
Am I a cleric?     | 1024D/37B8D989
Or maybe a sinner? | 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622