Re: apache uses 100 % cpu

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 02:56:12PM -0500, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:

> PHP is the single biggest cause of shared server problems at my company.
> I wish the PHP CGI stuff worked right, as if it did, we would opt to use
> that instead of the Apache PHP module.  It may be slower, but at least
> that would limit what users can fuck up with third-party PHP scripts. :(

You may want to give fastcgi a try.  We found it usable
(light years better than the aged CGI) although it might
be difficult to set up in non-trivial environments.
Be prepared for a php-build, which is also a lot of fun..

bit,
adam

--
Am I a cleric?     | 1024D/37B8D989
Or maybe a sinner? | 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622