Re: apache uses 100 % cpu

At 02:56 PM 2/28/2004, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:

Barring that, though, what your apache processes are doing is trying to read that file, /home/jebu0001/homepage/jens/chat/php_chat_log, over and over again, most likely in a `tail -f` nature, but no new data is appearing.

Jeff, do you think that the apps are trying to flock the file? I'm curious what the app level issue is and how it could be done properly -- being more of a developer than sysadmin.

PHP is the single biggest cause of shared server problems at my company.
I wish the PHP CGI stuff worked right, as if it did, we would opt to use
that instead of the Apache PHP module.  It may be slower, but at least
that would limit what users can fuck up with third-party PHP scripts. :(

How do you find the stability of Apache mod_perl?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml