Re: Lucent WaveLAN 60 MBit ?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:54:39 +0100,
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040228125439.GH2809@freenet.de>:

> Do not Cc: me, because I am on THIS list, if I write here
>      *
> * Keine Cc: am mich senden, bin auf DIESER Liste wenn ich hier
> schreibe
>
> Hello,
>
> Curently I am usin a Lucent ORINOCO with three "Cental Outdoor Router"
> COR-1100 and each COR has six "Remote Outdoor Router" ROR 1100.

..I dunno this gear, url to it?

> The Speed is effectiv around 7MBit per channel so I have in summary
> 21MBit.

..sounds about right, I see 3-4 Mbps off a 11Mbps link at 1 km here.

> This System works perfectly !!!
> It supports traffic counting and shaping (64/128/256/512kBit)

..play with http://fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.5.tar.bz2 ,  it does the
throttling for my isp business client.

> Because I am awaiting a bigger damages I do not like to stay in
> France... I prefer my Originating contry Iran or where my friends
> life: Afghanistan.

..huh?  _Was_ this message meant as a post  to the list?

> Now Lucent has an new professionel WaveLAN Sytems up to 60 MBit with a
> range of 10km/6miles.

..url?

> Does anyone have experience with it ?

..pass, untill you post an url on it.  ;-)

> Please note, that the access mut be possibel from ALL operating
> systems including Linux. And I need Access for minimum 500 Customers
> (multiple channesl possibel)

..trivial, my isp runs his business for a similar scale wifi net on 2
locations, I deliver the "impossible" linux boxes,  for throttling, he
uses a Duron 1.2G cpu with 128MB ram, no appreciable load.

..for authentication, poptop is weak but works for all os'es with
minimum user support.  Also consider setting up a debian woody (or
sarge) mirror, this will help build a strong paying clientele base, and
is a neat way of combatting software piracy, SCO and Microsoft.  ;-)

> The Lucent ORINOCO COR-1100 supports only 32 clients Win/Mac or 16
> ROR- 1100, which mean, I can not use ONE COR-1100 to support Access to
> Linux or DOS Clients.

..huh???  Url?  That sounds like some _serious_ junk.  The cheapest
junk ever used here, was some Zyxtel bridges that could only support
255 simultaneous ip connections, the 256'th connection rebooted the
damned thing, was solved with 255 authenticated and trottled poptop
tunnels.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: