Re: How do you deploy a new system ?

This is what i regard as the EASY way:

Divide target boxes into hardware 'races' (all exactly-the-same hardware
into one race). Install one debian per race. Partimage each race.

Sync all boxes of each race with a partimage bootdisk, look into the
dhcp logs to see the ip of each box.

Script or do one by one, change all hostnames (at this point they are
all the same). This is a 20 line script at most if ssh is properly
installed in all boxes (just put it with your pubkey in the imaged
boxes).