Re: How do you deploy a new system ?

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:41:42 -0700, Michael Loftis
<mloftis@modwest.com> wrote:
>et the latest available stable from http://mondorescue.org/   -- make sure
>you satisfy its reqs, bzip2, afio, *NEWER* version of cdrecord (RH boxes
>have HUGE problems there), and some others i know i'm forgetting.  There
>really isn't much of a trick to it.  It doesn't do a great job looking at
>MD RAID and doesn't handle LVM at all.  It also has trouble with 'odd'
>devices like the DAC960 /dev/rd/* stuff, it doesn't' always recognize them
>as valid devices.

Also, mondo has its very own opinion about hard disk partitioning and
for example refuses to work on machines that have been partitioned
according to my partitioning policy, flagging them as "insane".

See the bugs I have filed against mondo regarding this, and notice
that they are a few months old without any reply by the package
maintainer.

Greetings
Marc