Re: Woody on Proliant ML350 G3 (smartarray 641)

Hello and thanks to everybody for those answers,

Gavin Hamill wrote :
Woody works just fine on an ML350 with SmartArray 641 - I had to install
on one last year and it was great fortitude that kernel 2.4.21 had just
been released a little while beforehand, because only 2.4.21 and above
supports the SmartArray 64x series RAID controllers.

May I ask you how did you manage this ? With an other plain disk ?

I would imagine some kind soul somewhere has created a mini-install CD
for the Compaqs as many people have done for Dell equipment.

That was my fisrt idea, but I didn't succeeded in finding one.

Anyway, I've just found a document that could be the solution
for me :

  Debian Linux Root filesystem on a hardware RAID controller
  http://www.pocock.com.au/linux-doc/debian-raid-hw.html

I will head on in this direction. I will drop a message
to the list if I succeed.

Cheers,

Emmanuel
--
Emmanuel Halbwachs        Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                                  CNRS UPR 20