Re: Why doesn't Exim ever clean out /var/spool/exim/input?

--On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 18:54 -0500 tps@unslept.com wrote:

I'm curious why you say that. I have exim on 3 smtp gateway machines
servicing 11G+ email/day, hundreds of thousands of actual messages,
doing LDAP lookups for routing, and MailScanner/f-prot running on all
the boxes.

FYI we've had serious problems with f-prot -- it chokes up on PDF files, going into infinite loop until it times out.

Seriously, I'm not looking for a fight, just info. When I did performance
tests on all the MTAs a few years back, exim beat the crap out of
everything.

Tim

--
Tim Sailer (at home)             ><  Coastal Internet, Inc.          <<