Re: Why doesn't Exim ever clean out /var/spool/exim/input?

Craig Sanders wrote:

i can't answer your question, but here's some relevant advice for you:

exim doesn't scale.  if you want performance, switch to postfix.
Yeah... well... I've already moved every other machine I deal with over to Courier. I like it because it's one-stop-shopping for all of my mail needs (ie, smtp, pop, and imap modules as well as an ssl version of each), because it supports authenticated smtp (which I understand Exim4 does now but.... too late for me), and also because it has a variety of authentication methods.

We just haven't had the time to figure out how to port all of our virtual domains over to Courier yet, so we're still using Exim for the time being.

- Joe