Re: AOL testing new anti-spam technology

Russell Coker wrote:
> I've just implemented it the DNS for my domain.  It was easy enough to do, and
> doesn't seem to have any great issues.  No mail from me has been blocked yet.

Do beware of the .forward issue.

> The next thing is to make my mail server check such records before receiving
> mail.

Next version of spamassassin is supposed to do that.

> Once we get some good test results we can ask the Debian listmasters to
> consider implementing it for lists.debian.org.  There are significant
> problems with spam going to the Debian lists and of @lists.debian.org
> addresses being used to spam other people and causing bounce messages.

One thing I've been wondering about is pseudo-forged @debian.org From
addresses (like mine) and spf. It would seem we can never turn it on for
toplevel debian.org without some large changes in how developers send
their email.

--
see shy jo