Re: upgrading to MySQL 4 on woody

On Monday 19 January 2004 08:43, Andreas Vent-Schmidt wrote:

> is there any way to do an upgrade for a single Deb package which is
> NOT listed in the stable package list?
>
> I want to upgrade only MySQL to version 4.0.x (because of the fine
> transaction feature), but want not to change the apt source list in
> general (I want to keep the *stable* system).

Two ways that I can think of:

- find or build a package designed for woody (check http://www.backports.org/
  and http://www.apt-get.org/)
- set up sources.list with stable, testing and unstable sources.  Set up apt
  to prefer the stable distribution but selectively install what you want from
  testing or unstable (apt-get -t testing install mysql-server)

I prefer the first solution if it's available (and it is for mysql-server).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux