Re: Best Practices: CGI.pm & CSS2 ???

PHP is not your perfect "template system"; even though it capable of
nice and tidy simple web pages, it is worse than embedded HTML in Perl
for producing complex pages and large sites.

So, even PHP has a problem to solve regarding separation of code and
appearance.  For that, there are templates systems available for PHP
just like there are for Perl; a few are even included with the PHP
source code distribution (as part of PEAR).

Also, for PHP compatibility with Perl's famous HTML::Template, there
are at least two projects for PHP which implement that module's
language:

http://htmltmpl.sourceforge.net/php.html
http://phphtmltemplate.sourceforge.net/

      -Daniel