Re: IDE Raid Controller concerns

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:12:17 -0600 (MDT), Chris G. wrote:

>Controller wise we are looking at the 3Ware Escalade 7506-12 card, but I
>have never seen this card in action, and I have no idea how it might
>handle the above problem.

I only have experience with the "smaller" 4 channel 3Ware controllers.
But generally speaking they're very good. And they have nice Linux
support as well! Avoid the cheaper stuff like Highpoint.
Rebuilding with the 3W under load takes a while ofcourse, but it has
works all 1 times that I had to do this. :)

I second Jochen on this!

---
RW. Vley
F/X Services