RE: IDE Raid Controller concerns

Check out http://www.akiwa.com/news.asp and their rack mount cases.  They
have some new ones that are quite nice and the price is pretty good for
what they include.  I would call them for up todate pricing, but when I
called it was very competitive.  (I think the 12 bay without power supply
was about $300 or $400, but that was a while ago.

The other place to check is www.rackmountpro.com.  Their new RM2008,
RM3012, and RM4016 are priced at ($789, $899, $1300 with power supply).

That's what I have found so far.  A tower will be a lot cheaper then rack
mount.  One thing to look at is if you really need the hot swap drive
caddies, if you don't it can save you a bundle of money just getting a
standard case with space for 12 drives.

Hope it helps

Chris G.