Re: Postfix: Multiple recipients alias?

I just did something similar for one of our customers.

I used mailman to create a mailing list, and added all the employees.  I'm sure
there's a way to do it without mailman, but I reckon if you're going to send
something to "everyone" there ought to be a decent archive for it somewhere.

What I wanted was something along the lines of "if I wouldn't relay mail for
these people, I won't send messages to this address."  Primary concern is spam.

So incredibly easy to do in postfix.  smtpd_recipient_restrictions does the
access checks in order.  For me, I put my sasl checks, then my network checks,
then a check_recipient_access directive.  Like so:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks,
check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/internal,check_relay_domains

made a simple access file (/etc/postfix/internal):
all-email@mycompany.com    REJECT

postmap it, and postfix reload.  Done.

If you have employees that want to send stuff from home, or whatever, you can do
something more complicated with check_sender_access or whatever it's called, but
spam (and viruses!) fake that stuff all the time.  Another nice thing about
making it a mailing list, must easier to strip stuff, if you want to.

Hope that helps...

Pulu

----
Afe.to ANTS
POB 1478
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Ph: Country code 676 - 27946 or 878-1332
http://www.afe.to
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=pulu