Re: Dovecot

Tuesday 09 of September 2003 08:55, Adrian von Bidder >

> Yep, exactly. Coming from uw-imapd, this is exactly the kind of thing I was
> missing.

mbox type mail storage ? uh oh...
it brings system down when a user with XXX mails opens his mbox.

Maildir (courier.....) or cyrus mail storage is better.

dovecot uses indexes, BUT it does not support quota ( Maildir++...).

> > ? not sure about what you asking about delievery via procmail. postfix
> > leaves stuff in /var/mail/<username> and dovecot uses this.

for Maildir and maildrop you need to add this to postfix/main.cf:

home_mailbox = Maildir/
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop

> (And - sorry, can't help you with an imap server with the mails in a
> relational db, I don't know of any solution that does this.)

I know one.  MS Exchange. :]

And you know how well that works in case the db goes bananas.....

--
Instead of loving your enemies, treat your friends a little better.
		-- Edgar W. Howe