Re: Anyone willing to relay for me for a price?

If I remember right, you should never make an MX record direct to a CNAME, for reasons that I can't remember right now.

All the same, you are right, I could just make my MX be the PTR and most MTAs would be happy.

Unfortunately, the record does not exist, so no help there.

Chris Wagner wrote:

But does a PTR record exist?  The double reverse lookup should succeed so
long as there is a valid A <-> PTR pair.  Regardless of whether it was
launched into from another A or CNAME or IP.  Unless I'm way off base here,
it goes presented name -> IP lookup -> PTR lookup -> IP lookup.  If the two
IP lookups match, the test is passed.