Re: Migrating to a Compaq Proliant DL360G3

Tomàs Núñez Lirola wrote:
Hi
I must migrate my servers to Compaq Proliant DL360G3 machines. We're looking several IDCs, and all of them say "Only support for RedHat, SuSE and Caldera". I want to use Debian (I don't like very much SuSE, I've not used neither Red Hat nor Caldera, and it's hard to change distro when you're happy with the one you have), but when I comment this point to the salesman, he says a lot of "It's difficult" "It's not supported" and things like that.

The problem with support is not that there might be difficulties in installing a piece of software on the hardware. But if there are problems with hardware and it could be a software or configuration problem they will tell you first: Install a supported OS and look if it will do the job. That's all. If you want and need the expensive, paid support you should better do what they say.