Re: testing postfix' maps_rbl config?

On May 19, 2003 02:14 am, Neale Banks wrote:

> I've set up postfix on a Woody machine as a low-volume server (like it's
> getting *really* low volume).  All appears well except the amount of mail
> slipping through the maps_rbl config, which is pretty draconian - like
> this:
>
> #
> # OK, we are being pretty aggresive here....
> maps_rbl_domains = proxies.blackholes.wirehub.net.,
>                 dnsbl.njabl.org.,
>                 query.bondedsender.org.,
>                 bl.spamcop.net.,
>                 relays.ordb.org.,
>                 inputs.relays.osirusoft.com.
> smtpd_client_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/spammers,
>                 hash:/etc/postfix/kr-nets,
>                 reject_maps_rbl,
>                 permit

Here's my rbl related config parameters on a woody server, rbls are working:

    maps_rbl_domains = relays.ordb.org, relays.osirusoft.com
    smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_maps_rbl
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access.map,
            regexp:/etc/postfix/sender_access_regexp.map,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_access.map,
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        reject_non_fqdn_sender,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        reject_unauth_pipelining,
        permit_mynetworks,
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access.map,
        regexp:/etc/postfix/recipient_access_regexp.map,
        reject_maps_rbl,
        check_relay_domains

My smtpd_client_restrictions is not set, I rely on
smtpd_recipient_restrictions to catch everything and it seems to work fairly
well.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                                 Debian GNU/Linux