Re: Which webmail do you prefer? Why?

It's emphasised bigotry.

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:13:05AM -0700, The voices made Jeremy Zawodny say:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:23:58PM +0100, Matthew King wrote:
> > It's in PHP (I'd personally prefer perl) but it still works.
>
> Why does the implementation language matter?

Basically because I don't like PHP and I like (and more importantly -
know) Perl.

> Do you care if your system binaries are written in C vs C++?

No, but 1) they're compiled languages and 2) they're not that
dissimilar (and I know them both :-)

> I always wonder what people really mean when they say things like
> that--especially in this sort of context.  Can you clarify why it
> matters?  Are you trying to imply that PHP software is less likely to
> work?

Though yes, I am trying to imply that PHP software is less likely to
work.

I don't know why, and it could quite easily just be me, but I've had a
lot of issues with getting PHP sites to work (eg. imp and phpGW)

At the end of the day, though, PHP vs Perl (vs Python), VI vs Emacs, C
vs C++, BSD vs Linux, etc., etc., etc. They're all the same - boooooring.

As a geek I have a million and one better things to do than argue why
one tool is better than another. I have my opinions, but they're mine
and not anyone elses.

I do, however, find it rather amusing to see how easily my fellow
geeks can be reduced to squabbling children.

Not in this forum, though. Nosir. :-)

Matthew

--
o? K++ w--- O-- M V? PS+>+++ PE-- Y+>++ PGP++@ t+ 5- X- R tv b+++>++++