Tool that watches logfiles

Hi there,

since we're getting hit a lot by Proxy requests on the webservers
(repeatedly from the same IP) I'm looking for a tool that looks at the
webserver logs in real time and takes appropriate actions depending on
the patterns it finds there. I'd like to block an IP for a while if I
see a CONNECT command from it.

I could probably glue something with logtail or libfile-tail-perl but
I'm wondering if there is already a tool that does exactly what I'm
looking for?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request*****
Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images. -- Jean Cocteau