Re: Network monitor

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:30:33AM +0200, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> Hi!
> 	I would like to monitor a complex and heterogeneus network, but i dont
> know what to use for it. It should be almost real time monitor and has
> any kind of alerts (sound, sms..) Any idea? Thx

I use 'mon' (in the package of the same name).  Trivial to add new
monitors if you know a bit of Perl and can cut/paste from the supplied
ones, trivial to add new 'alerts' as well (mine page me via plain old
numeric pager and send email to the cell phone...)

See http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/

--
   brian moore <bem@rom.org>    |     The present is au revoir