Re: debian friendly unmanaged hosting joints?

I just bought the hardware and installed Debian, then put it at a colo
site. That seems to go over pretty well. $100/mo, and they have someone to
push the button if necessary. They (www.cihost.com) have been having some
router issues recently, but if they every get those fixed . . .

This is my second colo provider, and for both I've just bought a box and
put it out there. For the first one. I used an old tower I had sitting
around. For this one, I had to buy a rack mount case. plinkusa.net sells
those pretty cheap but I have not tried them so am not suggesting you use
them. It is just that they sell for around $70 what others sell for $200.

If this idea appeals to you, let me know and I'll give you the spec's on
my box. It's been up for a couple of years and I haven't had to do
anything yet. I'm now getting paranoid that some of the hardware may die
eventually.

Rod