From: Simon Bland [mailto:angel@khaosse.net]
Sent: Sunday, 12 January 2003 10:07 PM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Consolidating user databases

LDAP was my first thought, but I've never really played with it, I've
seen a few comments on Exchange using LDAP for an address book, but not
as a source for it's own configuration.

I'll take a look into LDAP and see what I can find.

Also, I'd really like to replace Exchange, but as I understand that's
somewhat of a 'Holy Grail' for us all. Does anything out there come
close to a replacement? The main things this place uses it for is the
shared calander and shared folders - from outlook, and they aren't
likely to take well to moving away from what they are familiar with.