Re: 3ware 8506-4 hangs while making filesystem

Hi,

On Sat Dec 13, 2003 at 07:18:17 +0800, Jason Lim wrote:
> I would suggest you have a look at the 3dm log file in /var/log as this
> sounds like an issue in the communication between the linux disk io
> buffering subsystem and the 3ware card. However, since you're just
> performing the installation, i doubt you can load up 3dmd during that time
> (can you?).

You can read the alarm log and query the status of the controller with
the command line administration tool (tw_cli), which you can download
from the 3ware website.  It is a statically linked binary which you can
run during installation.

In addition to that, I read that there is a critical firmware update for
the 8506-series controllers in RAID 5 configurations.  You might want to
check that outi (http://www.3ware.com/support/index.asp).

Regards,

uLI