Re: Ticketing systems

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 04:11:17PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
> yeah, I never worked out RT on woody. (did cause some problems on a test box,
> broke apt-get when I overwrote the perl debs with a source build).
>
> scp goodhost:/usr/bin/perl* /usr/bin/
>
> fixed it. Would really like to see a howto, too, even though everything seems
> in the RT docs...

Are you ready???

Install apache, fastcgi, mysql ... from woody.

Adduser rt

su - rt

Get perl 5.8.x as a tarball

untar

build and install in /home/rt/perl

make sure PATH for rt is /home/rt/perl/bin:$PATH

uncompress rt3.x in /home/rt/rt-3.x

cd into it

run the configure

run perl -MCPAN -e shell and configure the default options asked

run the test for perl modules with --install from rt

it will install almost all modules needed, for just somes you will have
to install the corrects header from woody (libmysqlclitn10-dev for
example) and for some you will need to go into /home/rt/.cpan/build to
make it yourself

finish rt install like explained in the readmea (I installed it in
/home/rt/rt)

configure your apache for fastcgi:

  LoadModule fastcgi_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_fastcgi.so
  In your vhost:

  ScriptAlias /rt /home/rt/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
  FastCgiServer /home/rt/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
  Alias /NoAuth/images/ /home/rt/rt/share/html/NoAuth/images/
  <Location /rt>
  	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
	SetHandler fastcgi-script
  </Location>

That's a quick howto because I need to go to work;)

This is the only one method I've found to keep my woody box in a good
state. It just need to maintain perl for security fixes...But building
perl 5.8 as a package for woody would need a lot of time...

If I can help you...

--
Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité