Re: IMail GUI equivalent for Linux?

Steen Suder, privat wrote:

In the process of setting a little web & mail-hotel up, I've stumbled over a user-suggestion that calls for a webinterface for handling emailaddresses, forwards, spamfiltering and so on that is similar to the UI of the IMail Server (http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/IMail_Server/).

The MTA will probably be either Exim or Postfix as I've no interest in Qmail. Local delivery is handled by what is necessary and reliable (Courier, Cyrus, whatever).

Users email access is POP3 and, secondarily, IMAP (for a few VIP-customers).

Any suggestions are welcome (also non-free and commercial ones).

We run a nice combination of postfix+mysql, courier(pop3/imap)+mysql and spamassassin. All mail is delivered to Maildirs. And then you can code your own webinterface in PHP(or perl), so customers can manage their domains and accounts.

Take a look at http://kummefryser.dk/HOWTO/mail/postfix_mysql.html.

--
Ole Myhre