Re: apt-get bcm5700-module-2.4.18

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:54:07PM -0600, Alex Borges wrote:

> Well, its a source module, so you will have to compile it for your
> running kernel. Other than that, ive a year and a half worth of uptime
> out of it on a woody install (gigabit and all) and it works well.
>
> This module is part of the standard woody release, no funny sources
> required as far as i know.

Allthough its things like this that break ones automatically
kernelbuildingsystem for +25 debianservers :( I use to have script
that did build an *.deb package based on config in .config but now i
need to come up with something clever that compile the source against
the running kernel... and im not really a kernel guy other that i know
howto configure and compile and install a kernel?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk

"When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the
bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!" -- Homer Simpson