Re: Route Question!

First, I strongly suggest you move your thread to the quagga-users list
at quagga-users@lists.quagga.net. You can find numerous configuration
examples in the archives at http://lists.quagga.net. This is the best
forum for help with Zebra/Quagga. I suggest you follow-up on that list,
which I also participate on.

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 16:16, kgb wrote:
> router i have bgp all my traffic which are bgpeer (all traffic in my
> country) and int (outside my country or with two words international

First, you need to figure out how you will identify "bgpeer" traffic and
"international" traffic. AS-PATH works but it is not the best way to go.

Please provide details about how each of your eBGP sessions reaches your
network. Are they all presently on your Cisco? What type of ports do you
use, e.g. E3/DS3, FastEthernet, etc?

> cisco router and bgp on debian linux router to be with some access list
> _permit_ as_number _denied_ as_number can someone explane how that can

You can accomplish what you want with AS-PATH access lists, however it
will be a pain in the ass to maintain. What you really want is a BGP
community based route filtering system. In my shop(s), I set communities
on all routes learned via eBGP sessions. This helps me identify where I
learned a route (which POP); who it came from (customer, transit, peer);
and if it should have any special local-preference or export concerns. I
then use route-maps that match based on communities to export only my
customer routes to peers and transit providers, for example.

To do this, every eBGP session needs its own route-map. Below is just an
example; you will need some additional parameters for your peer ASes and
your transit ASes, as I understand you. I can produce a better example
when you provide more information. Please, follow up to the quagga list.

router 10
	neighbor 20.20.20.20 remote-as 20
	neighbor 20.20.20.20 description AS 20 transit
	neighbor 20.20.20.20 soft-reconfiguration inbound
	neighbor 20.20.20.20 route-map transit_AS20_in in
	neighbor 20.20.20.20 route-map transit_AS20_out out
	neighbor 30.30.30.30 remote-as 30
	neighbor 30.30.30.30 description AS 30 peer
	neighbor 30.30.30.30 soft-reconfiguration inbound
	neighbor 30.30.30.30 route-map peer_AS30_in in
	neighbor 30.30.30.30 route-map peer_AS30_out out
	neighbor 40.40.40.40 remote-as 40
	neighbor 40.40.40.40 description AS 40 customer
	neighbor 40.40.40.40 soft-reconfiguration inbound
	neighbor 40.40.40.40 route-map cust_AS40_in in
	neighbor 40.40.40.40 route-map cust_AS40_out out
!
ip community-list cust_routes permit 10:14
ip community-list peer_routes permit 10:17
ip community-list transit_routes permit 10:19
!
route-map transit_AS20_in permit 100
	set local-preference 100
	set community 10:19 # this is "learnt from transit" community
	set next-hop 20.20.20.20 # always enforce next-hop
!
route-map transit_AS20_out permit 100
	match community cust_routes
	set community none # don't send our communities to transit
	set next-hop 20.20.20.21 # this is our interface to AS20
!
route-map peer_AS30_in permit 100
	set local-preference 300
	set community 19:17 # this is "learnt from peer" community
	set next-hop 30.30.30.30
!
route-map peer_AS30_out permit 100
	match community cust_routes
	set community none # unless peer wants your communities
	set next-hop 30.30.30.31
!
route-map cust_AS40_in permit 100
	set local-preference 500
	set community 19:14 # this is "learnt from customer"
	set next-hop 40.40.40.40
!
route-map cust_AS40_out permit 100
	match community transit_routes
	goto 1000
!
route-map cust_AS40_out permit 110
	match community peer_routes
	goto 1000
!
route-map cust_AS40_out permit 120
	match community cust_routes
	goto 1000
!
route-map cust_AS40_out deny 999
!
route-map cust_AS40_out permit 1000
	set community none
	set next-hop 40.40.40.41

> be done in more details i want that because my cisco router is too weak
> and can't work well with 50-60Mbit traffic and if i can do that to split

With your level of traffic, 50Mb/s - 60Mb/s, you will want to choose
interfaces with poll-based, as opposed to interrupt-based interfaces.
The Intel e1000 cards are superb.

I hope this is a helpful start. You'll need to do some configuration
work on OSPF and Zebra itself as well, but we'll need to look at more
specifics of your setup to do that.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw@five-elements.com>
Five Elements, Inc.