Re: ..802.11 wifi signal noise investigation tools?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:05:05 +0200,
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote in message
<20031020120505.134022bb.arnt@c2i.net>:

Hi,

..on tracking down noise sources defeating 802.11 wifi signals,
causing DOS,  investigation tools?

..airsnort, wavemon, gkrellmwireless, what else do I need to
spot noise sources?

. I have the hardware, I'm looking for software to help spot noise
sourced that cause DOS to wifi/802.11based isp networks.

..sort of wardriving, but the idea is spot the occational leaky
microwave oven etc, all the way to spot hostile use of long range "fjord
span" wifi gear, that defeat our signals and cause DOS, not to crack
into other peoples business lans to use their gateways for net access,
only id'ing whom to talk to or report to the cops.  ;-)

..signal analysis software ideas?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: