Re: named + virtual domains

hello,

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Rod Rodolico wrote:

> Quick question:
quick answer

> Does anyone know the correct way to set up virtual domains (all pointing to one IP). I simply
> create A records for them, but nslint complains because my reverse DNS points back to one
> domain. It doesn't seem right to put multiple PTR records for the same IP. Is it just nslint
> telling me I'm doing something non-standard? Seems to work . . .

the best configuration is:

in the zone dailydata.net put:
web	IN	A	192.168.23.45

in the zone 23.168.192.in-addr.arpa put:
45	IN	PTR	web.dailydata.net.

in the zone virtualdomain1.com put:
www	IN	CNAME	web.dailydata.net.

in the zone virtualdomain2.net put:
www     IN      CNAME   web.dailydata.net.

in the zone virtualdomain3.org put:
www     IN      CNAME   web.dailydata.net.

etc..

--
bye,
emilio