perdition - squirrelmail (pop3 and imap)

Hi Guys

We have squirrelmail running on our mail gateway for remote users to
access their mail from, however sometimes the users mailboxes reside on
other mailservers throughout the WAN.

Is there a way to configure squirrelmail to use something like perhaps
perdition to point
to the users /var/mail/mbox on another mail server ?

At the moment we are having to creating accounts on the gateway mail
server when the user travels and then re-route their mail once they are
back again.

Thanks
Craig