RE: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

By the way, what filysystem do you recomend for these kind of clusters?? NFS?? Coda??

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Joost Veldkamp [mailto:debian-isp@atobemobile.com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 17 de septiembre de 2003 12:05
Para: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 09:50, Markus Oswald wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 02:49, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking to implement an Apache cluster with Load Balancing and
> > failover and after going through several options, the only one that is
> > not too complex and does everything that I need seems to be pen
> >
> > http://siag.nu/pen/
> >
> > I am curious about other peoples experience with this / other clustering
> > software. I have already looked at software like lvs / heartbeat but it
> > feels like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
>
> Personally I would suggest LVS / keepalived - IMHO it's the most robust
> and powerful solution you can currently get. Definitely worth a look...
>
> It's not as hard to setup as you think - you need a little bit of
> experience for planing your cluster setup, but the software installation
> and configuration is probably the easier part.
>
> I installed/run multiple clusters, some with quite a lot of traffic
> (well, that's what load-balancing is good for) some just needed the HA
> features. No serious problems with keepalived and no problems at all
> with LVS.

You can also have a look at www.ultramonkey.org , deb packages
avaialble. Simplifies the installation of LVS a lot.
Recently, there was a article in Sysadmin mag. about clustering. There
was an interesting part about openSSI, it can be found here:
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=8817/sam0313b/0313b.htm

--
Joost