Re: ..mirror script: woody deb mirror for i386, how to exclude the rest?

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:01:17PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:01:41 +1000,
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 20030908080141.GB28807@taz.net.au>:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:52:32AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > > ..in my mirror I like main, non-US, non-free and contrib for
> > > Woody/3.0r1.  So I try to script a mirror for i386 Woody,
> > > should make a nice 4.2 GB mirror, how do I exclude the rest
> > > of the about 80 GB?:
> >
> > use debmirror.
> >
> > Package: debmirror
>
> ..uh, I should have mentioned this an isp box running Red Hat-7.3,
> so testing or unstable is not acceptable,

debmirror can mirror stable, testing, and/or unstable.  i only use
unstable so i only mirror unstable.

use the appropriate command line options to mirror just what you need....which
should be as simple as changing 'unstable' to 'stable' in that little shell
script i posted.

> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=debmirror
>
> ..the idea is use this box to roll out woody, and then chroot-install
> woody onto this box to minimize downtime.  I'll check the debmirror
> source for ideas though.

debmirror is a perl script.  it should run on redhat as long as all the
required modules are installed.

you can download it from your nearest debian mirror.  'alien' may be able to
convert it to an rpm for you (dunno, i never use alien).

craig