Re: Postfix + Quota (+ procmail?)

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:47:07AM +0200, R.M. Evers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been researching what would be our best option for converting our
> old Redhat mailserver with Sendmail to something better. I'm not exactly
> a Linux guru, though I'm no newbie either. Finally, I've decided to use
> Debian Woody, with the following setup:
>
> /dev/hda1 -> /boot
> /dev/hda2 -> /
> /dev/hda3 -> /home
>
> - Postfix delivering to Maildir (from stable)
> - Courier POP3(S) / IMAP(S) (from stable)
> - Spamassassin (from unstable)
> - Amavisd / Clamav-daemon (from unstable)
>
> A user's Maildir is ~/Maildir and I've setup quota on /home (soft: 5MB,
> hard: 10MB). I've written the scripts to convert the old mboxes to the
> new Maildir format etc. Everything seems to work fine, except for this
> little problem I found today.
>
> When a user is over his soft quotum and I try to send a mail with an
> attachment which will bring the user over his hard quotum on /home,
> Postfix accepts the email. Then, a part of the email is written to the
> user's Maildir until the hard quotum is reached, and things stop. So,
> now I'm left with a user who has a partial email/attachment and no more
> disk space. Additionally, the mail is stored/kept in the user's mbox
> (/var/mail/user, where there is no quotum). When the user cleans up his
> account, the mail never gets delivered properly, and the sender gets no
> notification that something went wrong. The daily warnquota email is
> received as a 0-byte email by the user, because the hard limit is
> reached. I don't know what could be causing this (postfix or procmail?).
> Another thing I don't understand, is that whenever I send an email to a
> user who is below his soft limit, and which will bring the user over his
> hard limit at once, Ximian Evolution nicely reports to me that the
> sending failed, because the storage limit is exceeded. In that case,
> nothing gets delivered, which probably is what I want.
>
> So I'm wondering: what could be wrong with my setup?
>
> I get the idea that i should maybe get out the procmail part of the
> configuration. But I could only get Spamassassin to work via procmail..
> I believe it should be possble to get it to work via Amavis, but I don't
> know how..

Maybe replace procmail with maildrop and use soft maildir quotas (I got
this working on a server). Alternatively you can use the virtual
delivery to use soft maildir quotas, but I don't known how to enable
spamassassin in this case (maybe a global postfix filter).

http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html
http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/
http://www.oav.net/vda/

--
Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité