Re: multiple ppp connections

Róbert,

You can force the ppp interface number by using the "unit" option in
your pppd configuration file.

So, following the standard debian ppp setup, if you have:
/etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider1
and
/etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider2

You can set "unit 1" in the first to force it into using ppp1, and "unit
2" in the second to make it come up as ppp2.  These options also work as
command line arguments, but that gets messy.

Once the ppp interfaces are predictable, your iptables rules should be a
lot simpler to set up.

Cheers,

Martin Foster					Mobile:	 +61 4 0584 6359
Systems Engineer               P A C I F I C    Phone:	 +61 3 9674 7659
Pacific Internet (Australia)  I N T E R N E T   Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693
http://www.pacific.net.au/                      NASDAQ:  PCNTF